*Please note, this feature is only available for Classrooms in GSuite for Education. This option is not available for Classrooms created with personal Google acounts (@gmail.com).
When you attach a Form to an assignment in Google Classroom using the Drive icon, you will see a toggle appear that says "enable grade importing". Simply turn on this toggle before clicking the blue "assign" button.
Once all your students have completed the quiz in Google Forms and checked to ensure that it is "marked as done" in Classroom, then you can click the "import grades" button on the student work page.
A pop up will appear, asking you to confirm your choice. Click "import".
And just like that, your grades will appear in Classroom. You can then return the assignment to students and add private comments if you wish.
In most cases, when the toggle is turned on, the correct settings will be applied to the form to make it compatible with grade importing. However, occasionally this doesn't happen. In that case, check the following:
- Make sure that the Form is the only thing you have attached to the assignment. If other documents or links are attached to the assignment, the toggle will not appear.
- Check to make sure that the quiz feature is set up properly with point values and correct responses identified
- Check to ensure the Form is set to limit users to 1 response.
- Check that email collection is enabled
- Check that you've set the form to limit to users in your own domain
Happy quizzing! If you have questions, post them below!